Friday, October 1, 2010

Past Project Friday

Every Friday I will be posting some sort of crafty project that I have completed in the past.  It could be anything from baking, to sewing, needlecrafts, art, decorating, etc.



These baby pants were made for my dear friend Lisa upon the arrival of her new baby, Peter.


I had absolutely no experience in sewing clothes whatsoever, so I basically traced a pair of baby pants that I had received for a shower gift (I was pregnant myself at that time) as a pattern.  Unfortunately I didn't stop to think that the pants I traced were knit, and these were a woven cotton.  No stretch whatsoever.  I think they might have fit him for about a day.


Embroidery on baby pants


Luckily his momma is a pretty amazing sewer, so I don't think Peter went pantless for very long.



1 comment:

  1. I still have all of these pants. I can't bring myself to get rid of them. They did fit for longer than a day, I promise! And he always got complimented on them at daycare. <3

    ReplyDelete