Monday, October 25, 2010

Chihuly Love


 This past weekend Phoebe and I embarked on a trip to the west side of the state for a couple of days to visit my parents.  While we were there, we took a little side trip up to the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids.

Where's Phoebe?
 The Meijer Gardens are truly an amazing place; with sculpture and nature coexisting and complementing each other.  Their current exhibit features the work of world-renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly, who I became completely enamoured with in college.


 
We were lucky enough to go on one of the most beautiful of fall days.  With the intense blue skies and golden fall leaves intermixed with Chihuly's outdoor installations, I really think I might have been visiting my own personal heaven.

 
  And what kid doesn't love a giant horsie?


No comments:

Post a Comment